Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Accessorizing a Table

A century old altar table, below, is the potting table Susanne Hudson & I used for our Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival garden. Lamps, plants, bust, ephemera; similar to interior table accessorizing.
Our potting table is viewed from front, back & sides.

Yes, poppets, those lamps are ON. Are you just now discovering you NEED a romantic potting table with lamps ON?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
We bought nothing to create the potting table. Using only what we had between us.

9 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh Tara, this is such a wonderful and serene-looking spot out there!
Brenda

Beach House Living said...

Great old table. I have to laugh though my husband made a temporary potting table last week and put an old lamp on it.

Desert Dweller said...

Romantic reuse...great idea, makes sense! Certainly "greener" than all the marketing green-wash out there. Thanks.

Kathysue said...

Love,love this idea. I am all about making the outdoor rooms as comfy as the indoor rooms. I just did a redo on my front porch and I added a curtain. I already had a mirror and a lamp out there and the curtain just completed it for me. You can see it here if you have time. Loved this post thanks for sharing!!

http://goodlifeofdesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/porch-is-done.html

Queenplinker said...

The table scape looks wonderful. That table alone is to die for, bullnose edge and plank legs.. equals awesome!

Kitty is adorable!

Have a wonderful day, Lynea

Vava (aka Virginia) said...

I can't pick my jaw up off of my keyboard....

Unknown said...

Inspired! smiles.

Unknown said...

BeaUTiFul! I love coming here, I always leave with lots of lightbulbs of ideas :)

for the love of a house said...

Love lamps in the garden! In Dallas I had an iron baluster (from the Scott show) turned into a lamp and it was on 24/7. It was a bit under an eave, so just had to change out the Target shade once a year or so! Now, said lamp is in the master bedroom on a bedside table (with new shade, of course!)
joan