Friday, May 14, 2010

Lucy

Today my friend and contractor will put down his beloved Lucy. He kept me informed, over a decade ago, as he looked for a breeder.
He had just moved into his historic Crafstman bungalow near Zoo Atlanta. "Will Lucy sleep in your bed?", I asked. "Never." Ha, you know where she slept from the beginning.

Whether Lucy was on the job, having play dates with friends, or romping at Carter Center I could count on pictures of Lucy arriving in my inbox.
.
He and Lucy partnered to create a beautiful garden around their Craftsman bungalow.
.
Within that garden, in their home, Lucy & James will say goodbye.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic taken in Susanne Hudson's garden. Gardens & pets are inseparable. Not surprising I've been asked to landscape design many pet burial grounds.

4 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Will say a prayer for James. It is indeed a sad day when we must say goodbye to the one & only who ALWAYS loved us with unconditional love.

A bleak day . . .regardless of the weather.

Terry said...

...
When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone--wherever it goes--for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart for the dog to tear.
...

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Oh, bless his heart. I am so sorry.
The loss of beloved dogs seems rampant this week. So many friends going through the same thing. I'm going to go hug Edward. Extra hard.

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm so sorry. I'm already on edge and maybe I'll just go ahead and cry for this sweet baby.
Brenda