Saturday, May 8, 2010

Decorating Your Conservatory

Susanne Hudson used windows from the dump, 2" X 4" 's, opaque corrugated roofing panels, old doors, & #89 granite gravel, below, to create her conservatory. Inside, plenty of seating, lighting, & art.
Tables, cushions,


fabrics & collections.


A color palet. A few plants too.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Can't wait to begin building my conservatory. Hunting/gathering now. Dahlings, there's zero budget for this. Adore the challenge. Getting what I want at MY price point. Soon I'll be: hammering, shoveling gravel, painting, then, ta-da, decorating my conservatory.

10 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

What a delightful place to get in out of the wind and rain! I so aspired to such a structure, but we gave away the old windows and compromised with a polycarbonate model.

Be sure to budget for wiring and plumbing and heating, our biggest DIY expense. Do be careful when you are climbing on ladders during construction.

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

I am envious. Looks just like me.

Terry said...

Beautiful.

Cher' Shots said...

I love this idea! And I even know of an outlet for old windows close by :)

Betsy said...

Love it. I am always at the dump.
I will keep a look out for some more windows. Clever idea.
Thanks,
Betsy

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

This is a good one, a really good one.

Outside in, in side out, this is a perfect place to be, it really is. Send me the hanging light if poss!

The House That A-M Built said...

Perfection. It's just beautiful! A-M xx

seawatch888 said...

I absolutely adore this conservatory and everything in it! Please keep us up to date on your own efforts too.

Unknown said...

Oh so beautiful! I could see myself painting in such a place- so inspiring....

Brenda Pruitt said...

I can't wait to see it! I just adore conservatories. I do have my miniature one out under the pavilion however!
Brenda