Saturday, February 13, 2010

MORE THAN ANDY WARHOL

Landscape classicism, below. Landscape designed to obscure era, continent, neighbors, reality.

.
Looking at my house, above,
looking out my windows, above. I choose to live amongst eras, continents & the moat of grace my garden gives my interiors, and life.
.
About New York City restaurants in the 60's Andy Warhol said, "They caught on that what people really care about is changing their atmosphere for a couple of hours."
.
Lame, indeed.
.
Design choices for interior & landscape create a Vanishing Threshold of changing atmosphere for each moment of life.
.
Why settle for a couple of hours?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Cell phone pic from my car taken 5pm yesterday. I live in a small cluster home subdivision in a city of millions. Houses are freestanding on tiny lots. Tiny. Ha, myriad homes engulf mine but I've opted out of that reality. And I did it with a tight budget of time & money.

5 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

That view out your window could be a sea fan undewater! Vanishing thresholds...indeed!

Terry said...

I'll give this Atlanta snow a couple more hours of love, then...

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Lovely!!!!! What is that gnarly, twisty-branched tree out your window? It's fabulous - Dahlin'!

Tara Dillard said...

Thank you Linda, now when I look out my window at the Contorted Filbert I see a Sea Fan Underwater.

I'm quite boastful of my Contorted Filbert. 15 years old & the best for its age on the North American continent?

By accident! It grew too large for its space. Instead of moving a HAPPY plant I pruned it from the bottom. Now, anyone can walk under its canopy.

Gave it faster growth & a delightful form.

XO T

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Okey dokey - I'm in the market for a Contorted Filbert! And know not to plant it too close to the house. It really is fabulous & I take your word that it's the best on the NA continent! :)