Tuesday, February 9, 2010

HOW TO GIVE & KEEP

On axis with your favorite view, from inside your home, plant a fabulous tree. Beauty for yourself, lifestyle for birds, food for butterflies, increased property value, lower heating/cooling costs. Trees are gifts to future generations.
.
Sandra Jonas, Recreating Eden Landscape Design, planted Japanese Flowering Apricot (Prunus mume), above, it blooms in winter lasting a month. Growing to zone 6 this tree ranges wide.
.
Plant flowers for a lifetime with Japanese Flowering Apricot.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic by Sandra Jonas & posted in Gadabout Media with a lovely article. Private note: Sandra dahling, please get your blog going.

6 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Outside my office window is a huge oak tree that is about 100 years old. It's so much fun sitting here watching the birds and the squirrels who have made it there home/playground. And it helps to clean the air without asking anything in return. Planting trees is always a good idea,

Queenplinker said...

"Trees are gifts to future generations" This tree hugger loves the sentiment. We planted a tree on each of our children's first birthday. The kids love to have a tree that is "theirs".

Have a good evening,Lynea

Hilda said...

Tara, I really do appreciate the link to my blog -- thank you so much for this!

I would like to pleasantly point out, however, that when you wish to borrow a photo from someone else, it really is good etiquette -- as well as observance of U.S. and international copyright law -- to ask for permission :-)

Cheers,
Hilda

Pam Kersting said...

Oh, I love the flowering apricots! They should be blooming right about now! We planted one in our yard and it had so many suckers. We began cutting them back and must have cut the graft, as the tree has reverted into a native flowering cherry -- not nearly as spectacular as the apricot we used to have.

Stop by my blog when you get the chance. I have a little something for you!

Unknown said...

We had a Prunus Mume at one of our old houses and I always loved it. In fact, I've been looking to buy another one for three years now.....any suggestions on where I could possibly find one?

My House, My Garden said...

Tara ... beautiful post AS USUAL. I give you complete permission to refer back to my soon-to-be existing blog any time you feel generous enough to do so!!! I would love you to send some love my way! xoxo vikki