Tuesday, January 12, 2010

POWER OF NUANCE

Meadow, trees, house. A trinity complete. A landscape design of choice, above. Dramatically static. Aristocratic courtship of man & nature.
.
Can't you see this throughout the seasons?
.
Plain? No. I see a flamboyant language. Elusive truth. A repertory of expectancy.
.
Symbolist mystery with modern directness.
.
Disparate harmony.
.
Humble? Not in the least.
.
Status in a meadow. Nature's & man's.
.
I live in a subdivision. Of course I would love to live in a home looking across meadow into trees. Instead, I've created many garden rooms as a moat of grace around my home. And my life.
.
I didn't know that when I began to garden.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic by Borjanna Eghbalian, Schloss Kasel, via Green & Stylish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that term "a moat of grace". That is what I am trying to achieve. I want my neighbours houses to disappear, hidden from my view.
Love that house!

Queenplinker said...

Hi there, Devon@WisteriaHouse suggested I would like your blog. I'm so glad she did, I love it here, read a days worth and almost feel 'caught up'.lol

I have a claw foot garden tub too! Only now it's a watering dish for my pet dairy cow.

Nice to meet you, Lynea

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think we can create our own little garden of Eden wherever we dwell. I've tried to do that. And I know you do the same. Those people who live in such vast properties probably don't even appreciate the nuances we do!
Brenda

Low Tide High Style said...

Such a lovely way of saying we can create the beauty we want around us, no matter where we dwell! So glad I found your blog thanks to The House That A-M Built!

Kat :)

GREEN AND STYLISH said...

Tara, I´m so glad I finally managed to find your blog! Many thanks for including a picture of my family home. Love the way you described the setting.
I disagree with Cozy Little House though - in my view, appreciation and an eye for nuances is mainly about who you are as a person and not about how big the house is in which you live...