Monday, December 7, 2009

COLOR: CEILING, WALLS, FLOOR

Glorious fall is coloring ceiling, walls & floor. Pink walls, & ochre carpet, below. The grey flagstone terrace with dwarf mondo growing in the cracks, below? Now, a carpet of ochre. Magic. I adore the change, no matter how fleeting.
Oooooooh, the sound of walking thru leaves enriches my soul.
.
And of course, I didn't forget to color the ceiling, below.
Looking up thru the art on the wall, pink camellia blossoms, into a golden/green laced ceiling, above.
.
Designing in your garden is no different than designing in your house. It's one thing to paint or coffer your ceiling inside. Outside it's a feeling of, "I own the sky!"
.
OWN YOUR SKY!!!!!!!!
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

6 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

I am moving where there are tons of leaves just like these on the ground! Every time I visit the elderly lady selling the ancient dog trot, she apologizes! I try to reassure her I don't mind at all!

I understand about the gardens being a continuation of the house & to begin ones garden from inside the house. . . but I have a bit of a disconnect going on at the current house.

Walls are red, gold or gray & rooms are filled with bug boxes, bird nests, shells, driftwood, etc. But my English Cottage Garden (Texas style, of course!) is filled with Black-eyed Susans, sunflowers, Russian Sage, Blue Salvia & lots and lots of pink, heirloom roses: Belinda's Dream, Ballerina, Old Blush, Caldwell pin, etc. And lots of other colors, too. But I don't have any pink indoors (except inside some seashells) & I absolutely NEVER wear pink. . . I loathe it! In EVERYTHING except heirloom roses!

So what should I make of this? Other than I may be a bit eclectic and/or schizophrenic!

It's cold & rainy in east TX today . . . I'm hoping your books arrive ahead of schedule. If not - - - I'll have no excuse to not continue packing for the move ;)

Vera

Colour me Happy said...

I love the way your brain works!!

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous!

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

I just clicked and enlarged that first photo for the fourth time.

It's perfect. As is owning the sky!

Tara Dillard said...

Vera, I know you have pink incandescent bulbs inside your house!!

Rob, that pink Sasanqua has a secondary beauty as the petals fade the long golden stamens remain in their fierce intensity.

XO Tara

Landscape Designer said...

Love the changing seasons! Beautiful post. The fleeting beauty of the changing garden.
Sandra