Tuesday, November 24, 2009

SURROUNDED BY GARDEN

Upstairs, below, is my office window. Surrounded by garden.

3 project (antique) tables, 5 bookcases, 5 chairs, pair French doors, mantel, chandelier, 9 lamps, for starters. Quite satisfying until I saw this, below.



If this were my office, above, this would be its backdoor, below, entry.



OK. I am teasing. But I won't always. Before pics are being taken. My backdoor & garden room will be unveiled late 2010. My atelier? Same timeline.
.
Oh, the anticipation. Life is good.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Bottom pics found via this fabulous place. Top pic truly is my garden & upstairs office window. It faces a sideyard garden room with pond, potager, arbor, flagstone terrace, encircled by evergreen hedge, & scented by 6 mature tea olive. For a moment, do you think I see my cluster home subdivision abutting my tiny arcadia? Denial may be good but a garden is better.

5 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

What plants did you use for your hedge?

By the way, the fogger I referred to in an earlier comment is just Raid or some other pesticide fogger. I don't like the smell of foggers, but I find that spraying them about, then retreating for a while, makes them workable. Helps in those mosquito-ish areas of the yard where a fan is impossible.

Tara Dillard said...

A plebian hedge Kathleen. Literally bought 'Plant of the Week', $1.97 each. Needing 42 evergreen, full-sun plants, growing to 6'.

Cleyera. In a perfect world, without checkbook issues, they would be Camellia sasanqua.

XO Tara

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Tara,

Can't wait to see the unveiling. Gorgeous pictures.

~janet

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Brenda Pruitt said...

A garden is resplendent in color and foliage no matter where it might happen to be, in my humble opinion!
Brenda

Unknown said...

Oh, you're so naughty! I'd take ANY of those rooms, ANY day! Can't wait to see the unveiling!