Tuesday, November 3, 2009

15 REASONS TO HIRE AN INTERIOR DECORATOR

15. Not your specialty. Want your dermatologist to do a heart stint?

14. Create rooms with serenity, filling you with energy. (Ha, hire the decorator.)
13. Place ceiling fixtures properly. Hire the electrician twice?
.
12. Choose light fixtures: new to junkers from thrift stores stored in your garage.
.
11. Place artwork on walls. Move paintings 2-3x's on newly painted walls?
.
10. Place bric-a-brac. Trifling trinkets when you do it.
.
9. Place lamps & choose new shades. Most important if you have a lighting fetish.
.
8. Place furniture. Pianos are heavy, buffets too.
.
7. Honor collections. Culling years of collecting into Something....Anything. Will toss what you tell me to.
.
6. Choose flooring. Too many choices to go it alone.
.
5. Choose fabrics. Too many choices.
.
4. Choose colors. Too many choices.
.
3. Increase intended function of each room/space.
.
2. Save money.
.
1. AMPLIFY WHO I AM
.
Yes, I'm hiring an interior decorator, Susanne Hudson. Counterintuitively I know Susanne will save money and make me, more me. My house, 22 years old, with original everything, has reached a crisis. Oh, the clawfoot tub in my garden? Dahlings, it's coming inside.
.
It's time my house catch up to the FABULOSITY of my garden, VANISHING THRESHOLD.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics, saved privately to show Susanne what I adore. I didn't keep their provenance, ugh. If you know the source, & let me know, I'll update this post. Thanks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I LOVE how I can *hear* you talking while I read your articles!

Terry said...

Have a big time. Hiring a pro is very high value. Potential clients see it as too expensive. Professionals make money on high end clients. We wouldn't even pick a paint color ourselves. It's too expensive to do over. It's a shame when you live for years with a color that could have been perfect, but isn't.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Good for you!
Keep us updated on your progress!

Maria Killam said...

And you are a very smart woman!!cad

Mélanie said...

Great and smart post ! Can't wait to see the pictures of her job in your home