Monday, October 19, 2009

FEEDING THE MUSE

Designing landscapes is science & art. With a degree in engineering & horticulture the science is easy. The art? I've learned it's something to be nurtured & honored.
Speed walking 5miles, 3-5x's/week, at Stone Mountain, GA, feeds my muse. Doing my best thinking while sweating.

Being in nature to feed the left brain/right brain thing.

A potager? Perennial border? Choosing paint colors for a house & patio furnishings? Nature, consistently enriching my creative muse.

Understanding forms, patterns, silhouettes, plant drifts? Color? Nature has it all, and more.

How a body relates in scale to its surroundings?

Creating enfilades thru paths, rectangular stone terraces edged with brick, over a fountain, between pairs of boxwood, caressed by flowering shrub borders sprinkled with a few tough perennials, and finally landing the eye/foot on a bench. Nature? Hardly.
.
But it's nature feeding the creative muse, a tool box for designing landscapes.
.
What else feeds my creative muse? Music, pets, books, friends, movies...
.
What feeds your creative muse?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken at Stone Mountain Park, 2.96 miles from my garden.

1 comment:

Maria Killam said...

Hmmm. . . magazines and blogs I would have to say. Amazing images you've shown!