Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GARDEN CLOTHES & THE VELCRO CROTCH

Yoga, biking, climbing & etc. have proper clothing. Why not gardening?
.
Summer garden clothes? Linen drawstring pants, knee pockets for pads, various side pockets for tools, and a velcro crotch.
.
Velcro crotch? It's a waste of time prying off sweaty garden pants. All I want to do is quickly slip into the house, use the restroom, and pronto, be back in the garden. Instead, every summer I'm fighting with my pants. Above, an interesting pair of shorts. SHIPMAN found them, "the shorts are from The New Worker . They are called Blaklader. They are from Sweden. The blue ones I showed you are on sale for $27.00. Remember they run small. I would say 2 sizes small.

I like the long pants but they are more expensive and I think they would be very hot. Great for working in roses or briars though. They have knee pads built in."
.
SHIPMAN was wearing these at our last appointment. The pockets were a dream for delegating helpful labor to your tools.
.
Alas, no velcro crotch.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

2 comments:

the gardener's cottage said...

Ha Ha Tara,

Good idea. Doubt it will ever happen though.

Just checked out you book Beautiful by Design from the library. A tall glass of ice tea and your book, mmmm what a way to spend a summer afternoon.

Janet

Tara Dillard said...

If I find the right linen pants at a thrift store I'll cut the crotch and use iron-on velcro.

That is the extent, maybe beyond, of my craft worthiness.

XO T