Tuesday, July 7, 2009

YELLOWBOOK IS A SMASHER

Returning home to my garden yesterday wasn't pleasant. Yellowbook threw their newest edition at my front door. It smashed onto the birdhouse, above, knocking it to the ground. Destroying sections of roof, perches and lovely curved wall.
.
For over a decade, this house has raised 1-2 nests of wrens, and the unfortunate cowbirds, each spring.
.
Thankfully, birds were safely fledged before CSI: Birdhouse.
.
Wisteria 'Amethyst Falls' is the vine.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO T

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wimp- This is all you have to do is complain about something that is given to you for free to make your life easier. I would like to be a fly on the wall when you have an emergency and your power is out and you need help. I guess that book would come in handy then. Stopp whinning and be happy you live in america where they do things like this for you. The comapnay and it's advertisers pay the bill for you so shut up.

Unknown said...

I thought their new book was eco-friendly, lol

Our local yellow page company went to a small local book that looks nice and ditched that big heavy regional brick.

I can't stand Yellowbook. I chose to opt out of the directory. Maybe you should too

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Oops - sorry about the birdhouse!

Question about the wisteria: is it a "tame" one. Here in east TX all I ever see are ones that would rival Kudzu!

I like the idea of having one though, if it can mind its manners! :)