Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DESIGN: CONTRAST SPIKES & ROUNDS

Amplify your landscape design by contrasting shapes. If the finials on this church were cone shaped the tall evergreens should be rounded. The eye delights in the frisson of difference. Taken last year at Mt. Carmel overlooking the Valley of Armageddon.

As my parents and the group listened to the Pastor I greedily, and knowingly, had the church, hilltop & Valley of Armageddon to myself. My parents gave me this trip but I had to heed my inner voice, Get pictures for landscape design. Risking my earthly father's wrath at not listening to the sermon.
.............................................
Of course it meant I had the quaint gift shop and toilets to myself too. Studying landscapes across Europe I've learned a few tricks.
Garden & Be Well XO Tara

No comments: